Thiourea is an organosulfur compound of with the formula SC(NH2)2 . It is structurally similar to urea, except that the oxygen atom is replaced by a sulfur atom, but the properties of urea and thiourea differ significantly. Thiourea is a reagent in organic synthesis. "Thioureas" refers to a broad class of compounds with the general structure (R1R2N)(R3R4N)C=S. Thioureas are related to thioamides, e.g. RC(S)NR2, where R is methyl, ethyl, etc.
2. Appearance:White light bitter crystals
5. Use:mainly used as intermediates for thiazole and drugs inhibiting thyroid gland disease;as bleaching agent, coloring agent and antioxidant in textiles industry. It can be aslo used in photography, electroplating etc.
Application of thiourea:
1. Gold mining
2. bleaching agent in textile dyeing and printing
3. auxiliary of dyeing and anti-oxidant
4. rubber accelerator
5. pharmaceutical raw material,
6. photo developing agent
7. resin compression molding
8. powder electroplating
9. blue printing and boiler washing
10. macromolecule material industry
11. catalysis agent and stabilizer of resinic producing
12. organic synthesization of sensitizing material, and medicine, medical, spicery materials in fine chemicals
13. recycling and separating of heavy metals etc.